Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bring me sunshine...




It's been a mild, almost rain-free Saturday, and today after minding NephewT for a couple of hours (pictured above on our morning meander to the letterbox) I spent a hour or so weeding a kikuyu choked bed, listening to ABC, America and The Bangles on my iPod which was stuck on Artist/Alphabetical as my gardening gloves were too mucky to change it to shuffle.

Oooh, it was so lovely to feel the warmth of the sunshine on my back - I felt like a giant sponge soaking up all that Vitamin D. There's so much press on how evil too much sun can be for you, but it's incredible how it can make you feel so good so quickly, especially after a long, incredibly wet winter like we've just had.

While I attacked the weeds, humming tunelessly to "Walk Like an Egyptian" I pondered over what had happened at work yesterday. Ten of us were "officially" informed that we were being made redundant, and had the weekend to decide if we wanted to apply for one of the six new roles that would be available after the "realigning".

Or, did I just take the two months' salary worth of redundancy money due to me, and potter in my garden over the summer (a notoriously low time for job opportunities) in between trips to the beach with Miss 8?

Decisions, decisions, bloody decisions...

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

I know which sounds nicer but ...

Antipo Déesse said...

Good luck with your pondering...