Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The lurgy



After a week of sniffing and coughing and general grottiness that didn't seem to want to go away, today I paid a visit to the doc's and was told I had the beginnings of bronchitis! Oh joy!

Apart from the nasty bugs resident in my respiratory system, being made redundant doesn't do wonders for your health either.

"You need to rest up, take it easy. Take care of yourself, a little less work and a lot more relaxation," the doctor instructed me.

Luckily, in a couple of months time that's exactly what I'll be doing; yesterday I decided to take the redundancy instead of applying for the recycled job.

Turns out it was just what the doctor ordered.

6 comments:

Le laquet said...

These things sometimes come along when we need them most (looking at the bright side) and with the EnZed summer coming - enjoy Fi!

Anonymous said...

Snap on the bugs front ... the doctor has some good medicine though.

It's hard to make decisions when jobs change. I'm sure that you've made the right one though and that it will work out even better in the end.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a highly religious person, but let me just say it looks like God's opening a window. You're a talented writer and photographer, and maybe it's a good time to find a job (or even self-employment!) that reflects your great skills. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hooray! But beware! Something could grab you that will be anything but redundant!

Jill said...

Maybe it is time to srike out on your own with you gorgeous photo's and do your own thing. Things happen for a reason Fi and this maybe the right medicine you need. If not take the summer off and enjoy.