Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In which I self medicate away the realignment blues

Ho hum, I'm feeling a bit glum at the moment. There's just under two weeks to go till the final "realignment" of my job, and I've got the tedious task of teaching my replacement (who will be based in Auckland, where the work was "realigned" from two and a half years ago, make your frickin' minds up people) how to do all the work I've spent the last six months learning, tweaking and yes, perfecting.

It's a melancholy, regretful kind of glum, which I can't seem to budge, not with fine wine, luxury chocolates, or extravagant shopping expeditions.

Hang on a minute...

I've got it!



Oooh, I feel much better.

2 comments:

Deeleea said...

Yep, that's some very tidy medication that is...

Hope you feel better soon, probably about the time you step out onto the verandah, coffee in hand, that first day of your 'retirement'!!

Anonymous said...

That would make a girl feel better...works for me every time! Sorry you are glum. If I could win the lottery I would come right away and cheer you up!