Monday, November 10, 2008

Back in the olden days when there was only film

I'm working on a little large project at the moment - scanning old and new photos to go in our hallway gallery. It's a blimin' mission, as our scanner is painstakingly slow, even in Greyscale mode, and as it syphons up memory I can't faff about with anything else on my PC while it does its thing.

And I have boxes and boxes of Mum and Dad's photos to go through as well as screeds of photos that belonged to the Other Harf's parents, and I also have (on very temporary loan) photos of my Glaswegian great-great grandparents to scan that are due back to my elderly Uncle as soon as possible even though I doubt whether they've seen the light of day for donks. Turns out he's quite possessive of them and keeps phoning up Dad to ask how "I'm getting on".

So no pressure.

I picked up a stack of photos yesterday, and this one fell out. I was intrigued by it, and l loved the many shades of grey and black and white in it. I have no idea who it was who passed this beautiful view on their way from Geneva, but thought it was wonderfully romantic and evocative...


2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Gorgeous. I feel compelled to seek it out!

Le laquet said...

Absolutely beautiful photo