Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fair share of the steer!

There's an argument or (in reality) a heated discussion brewing in our neighbourhood over the future of the beastie in the photo below.

Geordie Neighbour up the road found him wandering along the road as a calf, and he, along with their other two cows, spent last summer grazing on our land along with our herd of nine young calves.

The older cows moved back to Geordie Neighbour's, but this one stayed behind, and has spent the rest of his life with our lot, munching on our grass.

Now Geordie Neighbour wants to whisk the beastie off to the local butcher in time for some prime Scotch fillets over Christmas - and no cut for us.

Is this a fair share of the steer? Oh the dilemmas of rural living...


Steer stare, originally uploaded by Fi@PhotograFi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is a photo blog more about photos than writing reams of stuff (although your reams of stuff was always SO highly entertaining and well written)? My blog has gone into hibernation and I just can't seem to get motivated to pick up where I left off. The photo thing might be the way to go for me...I spend so much time on flickr and take photos to post there, so I suppose I could just put the same on my blog.

Greg said...

I think you've got the Geordie by the balls...so to speak.

Anonymous said...

That's not fair - there should at least be a fair share for you guys!
Or a happy Christmas for him and leave him alone :P

Aimz said...

um no that's not fair, as he's been grazing on your land you're entitled to a wee bit of his meat. If geordie neighbour isn't going to share then the said cow shouldn't have been on your land in the first place.

Le laquet said...

Umm ... your grass, your beef surely?!? I suppose you could bill him for the grazing after the fact ... neighbourhood warfare might happen though.